$12.00 – $17.00Available 18 May, 2018
Greek composer-pianist Demopoulos is a man of many parts: an established composer and pianist in the contemporary classical genre, with highly-praised recordings, he is also, alongside his ‘day job’ as a high-level local government officer, an accomplished composer and performer of modern jazz.
The suite “Nina’s Clock” employs solo piano with some ‘preparation’ and is part improvised on a structured skeleton, and follows the story of one night after recording sessions, a variety of moods and styles.
The suite has eleven movements and is not set out on anything like the normal twelve “O’clocks” but is a reflection of moods, external stimuli and events as felt by the composer.
Demopoulos has recorded classical and contemporary music for both the Métier and Diversions labels and is busy preparing two more classical albums.
- White o’clock: bad hand (4:42)
- Two o’clock: the life bone (3:42)
- Three o’clock: acts of heinous violence (4:56)
- Nina’s clock: glasgow was (4:08)
- Plenty o’clock: leggy pegs (5:37)
- One o’clock: then (9:43)
- Eight o’clock: careful dominoes (5:07)
- Midnight: haemon must pass (5:12)
- Fair o’clock: the chief and purple knife (7:00)
- Eleven o’clock: homebound hiss (2:54)
- Monk o’clock: blue tonk